Specifically this website uses Statcounter.
Statcounter is an online service which helps to understand the visitors of the website; for example, how visitors find the website, how long they spend on it, which web pages they are most interested in etc. I use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with the website helps me to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to the visitors.
- * Time and date of visit (this can help to identify and plan for busy periods on the website)
- * IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- * Browser and Operating System (this can help to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access the website)
- * Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access the website)
- * Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help me to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find the website)
Furthermore, when you visit my website a Statcounter cookie (called "is_unique") may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here: